Springtime in Denver, Colorado can be quite the roller coaster when it comes to weather. But like the old saying goes, “If you don’t like the weather just wait 5 minutes.” One day you may find yourself in the midst of an infamous March blizzard and the next you’ll wake up to blue skies and sun. Luckily for you, this unique weather tends to ere towards the sunny side which makes for great opportunity to get out and explore the Mile High City.
To make the most of spring of 2012, take a look at the following events and activities that will make it impossible to leave or resist a trip to Denver this upcoming season.
- Yves Saint Laurent: The Retrospective. As the only exhibit showing in the United States, Yves Saint Laurent: The Retrospective will feature over 200 haute couture garments as well as various types of art from the world famous designer. To fully immerse yourself in the world of luxury and high fashion take a look at our Trendsetter Package specifically designed for this event. Tickets to this exhibit are available at the Denver Art Museum now.
- Get out and enjoy the outdoors. With over 850 miles of hiking, biking and running trails around Denver and the Rocky Mountains within just a few miles, you have no excuse to be inactive this spring. Spend the day exploring Denver via bicycle, go on a half day hike in the foothills or make the trip west for a day of skiing. Regardless of what you decide to do, Denver is perfect for all your adventure needs.
- First Friday Events in the Santa Fe Art District. Experience the culture and wide array of art that Denver has to offer this spring with First Friday Art Walk. From 6-9pm on the first Friday of each month, the Santa Fe Art District will being offering free access to over 60 galleries, studios and restaurants. For transportation there will also be free shuttles running from 5:30-9:30pm at the light rail station on 10th Street and Osage Avenue.
- Spring shopping. One of the best parts of each spring season is that it serves as the time to update your warm weather wardrobe. With shopping on the 16th Street Mall, Denver Pavillions, Larimer Square, Cherry Creek Shopping District, a countless number of boutique stores and much more you’ll be able find everything that you desire.
- Rockies Games at Coors Field. The 2012 Colorado Rockies home opener is on April 9, which puts us at just a little over month out. And what would spring in Denver be without catching a few Rockies games at Coors Field? Even if you’re not much of a baseball fan the scenery, atmosphere and food should be enough to keep you entertained. Spend at least a few spring evenings or afternoons at the ballpark this year.
For more information regarding lodging and reservations or events in Denver please contact our concierge at (303) 297-3111 or e-mail us at email@example.com.
Photo Credit: Matt Santomarco