It is summer time in Denver which means it’s time for all the Denver summer festivals! There is always something going on in the Mile High City, and this summer is no exception. Checkout our favorite new and annual festival events taking place this summer season.
1. Juneteenth Music Festival
- When: June 16 – June 17, 2012
- Where: Five Points, Denver
- The Denver Juneteenth Celebration is one of the largest in the nation and includes a parade, live entertainment, vendors displaying a variety of food, arts and crafts and other merchandise.
2. Denver PrideFest 2012
- When: June 16 – June 17
- Where: Downtown Denver
- The Denver PrideFest is recognized as one of the top 10 pride events in the country as a celebration of community, heritage, family and culture. It is produced by the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Community Center of Colorado and has over 250,00 people attending every year.
3. Cherry Blossom Festival
- When: June 23 – June 24, 2012
- Where: North Denver
- Now in its 40th year, the Cherry Blossom Festival celebrates Japanese culture and heritage. There will be entertainment on the outdoor stage as well as shopping and exhibits inside the Denver Buddhist Temple.
4. Colorado Black Arts Festival
- When: July 13 – July 15, 2012
- Where:City Park
- The Colorado Black Arts Festival showcases the talents of local, regional and national African Americans in art and culture. This family friendly event will feature three stages of jazz, blues, reggae, gospel and traditional African drum and dance.
5. Colorado Dragon Boat Festival
- When: July 28 – July 29, 2012
- Where: Sloans Lake Park
- The Colorado Dragon Boat Festival (CDBF) is unique to Colorado and celebrates Pan Asian culture and art. Along with dragon boat racing, this two day festival will be filled with performing arts, cultural cuisine, a market place of arts and crafts and many vendors.
To make the most of your stay in Denver and to have the best experience possible, take advantage of some great new package deals that the Brown Palace Hotel and Spa is offering this summer.
- Girl’s Spa Special
- Cost: $249 per person
This package includes an overnight stay for two and a 50-minute massage at the Spa with aromatherapy and choice of massage oils. It also includes an appetizer from The Atrium Menu and a martini from the lobby martini cart.
- The Gentleman’s Classic
- Cost: $249 per person
This package is for the guys. It includes an overnight stay in a luxurious guestroom, and “Introduction to Cigars” course, your choice of cigar and a Colorado whiskey or port wine. Guests will also receive a Custom Brown Palace golf shirt.
- The Brewery & The Brown
- Cost: $299 per Person (Fridays and Saturdays, May 25 – September 3, 2012)
This package is perfect for those microbrew enthusiasts. It includes an overnight stay, six beers from the Wynkoop Brewery, two Wynkoop pint glasses, a bar of Rail Yard Ale Soap and a $50 gift card to use at the Wynkoop Brewpub.