Whether you are a local Colorado business or a corporate guest, there is no more iconic establishment to plan a meeting than at The Brown Palace. We met with the Mary E. Hawley, the Palace’s Senior Catering Manager of 38 YEARS (!), to give us the scoop on expert meeting planning in Denver, Colorado.
- What are some tips you can provide someone planning a meeting at The Brown Palace? Plan as far in advance as possible and have the details of the meeting necessities ahead of time. For example: Agenda breakouts, transportation, etc.
- What are some benefits of planning a meeting at The Brown Palace? Our seasoned team of staff – from Housekeeping to Culinary and Banquet – allows you to focus on the meeting topics rather than fretting about the service.
- How far in advance should you start planning your meeting? If it is an annual summit, you should begin to plan the next as soon as the last event is over. For isolated meetings, begin planning (or at least booking) as soon as you are aware of the need.
- What is the most common question you receive from parties interested in planning a meeting at The Brown Palace? Since you are an old hotel, are you able to accommodate the needs of my group? Our answer is “of course!”
- What is your favorite meeting amenity at The Brown Palace? Undoubtedly, bakery items. We are about the only Denver, Colorado hotel with a full service bakery.
- What recommendations do you have for people planning a meeting at any hotel? Know your budget and understand the expectations of the group.
- Finally, is there anything else you would like people to know about planning a meeting at The Brown Palace? All of our meeting space (except the Ballroom) has natural light, which keeps your group awake. Meeting space is located in one area and one level of the Hotel.