From Independence Day festivities to the Colorado State Fair, Denver brings a world of fun to families over the summer months. Visit nearby attractions like the Denver Zoo or experience heart-racing thrill rides at the 70-acre Elitch Gardens Theme & Water Park. Feel like staying close to home? The Brown Palace is suitable for families, offering oversized suites with high-speed Wi-Fi, flat-screen HDTVs and iPod docking stations, and six distinct restaurants and bars on property.
Consider visiting these local gems when enjoying summer vacation in Denver:
- Red Rocks Park & Amphitheatre: This open-air amphitheater hosts some of the city’s hottest concerts and special events.
- Denver Zoo: The Denver Zoo began with a special gift to the mayor of Denver, a black bear cub, but now the world-class facility features South African lions, lemurs, rhinos, camels, Asian elephants, and more.
- Coors Field: Catch a baseball game at Coors Field, home of the Rockies and also used for concerts throughout the year.
- Elitch Gardens Theme & Water Park: This 70-acre amusement and water park feature thrill rides and family-friendly attractions, as well as dive-in movies and concerts.
- Denver Bike Paths: The weather is great for a bike ride! Explore numerous scenic bike trails throughout the city.
- Rocky Mountain National Park: Want to take your hiking to the next level? Take a hike through the Rocky Mountain trails for breathtaking views and feed your adventurous spirit.